[ Обновленные темы · Новые сообщения · Участники · Поиск · RSS ]
  • Страница 1 из 1
Форум » Моддинг » Вопросы и идеи по моддингу Worms Ultimate Mayhem » Sorry for talking in english, but help please (Add maps with custom textures to WUM and other modding)
Sorry for talking in english, but help please
Проверенные
Реп: 0
Sorry for talking english in this russian page, but i'm spanish and this is the only web page dedicated to de modding, since it's where alexbond release tools for modding.

I'm actually looking for add maps without replacing on WUM, and with custom textures since I don't know how to. I would be grateful.

Sorry if I disturb anyone, and lot of thanks.

Вольный перевод от Firsacho:

Сообщение отредактировал FuzzX - ЧТ, 07.11.2013, 16:08:38

firsacho
Админы
Реп: 84 / Инв: 15
FuzzX, I don't know about WUM, but in W4M (with similar game engine) addition of maps without replacing is a bad idea - that bring serious crashes for all users on game server. I reccomend to replace missions, challenges and tutorial maps to your maps and change this gametype on multiplayer.

About custom textures, i think you have to wait for the answer by Alexbond. He comes here sometimes ;)

And sorry for my ugly english)

Смысл жизни в том, чтобы жизнь имела смысл... (firsacho 2005)
Рай придуман, чтобы не страшно было умирать. Ад придуман, чтобы не страшно было жить. (firsacho 2007)
Мир делиться на два типа людей: Бездарные трудоголики и Талантливые лентяи. (firsacho 2008)

mod.worms.pro - мод Worms Renewation для Worms4

Проверенные
Oh, ok, I didn't know about crashes, I suppose that it would give problems too, since WUM has some kind of protection, I suppose I will have two map folders, the original and the one with custom maps. Maybe alexbond knows how.

Also, its normal that when I play a map with small terrain areas, that there's still a little portion of terrain that didn't was on the map file?

Thanks a lot for you response, and sorry if my english is bad too, since I'm from argentina, I'll wait for alexbond answer for texture matters.

This is in the correct forum also? I don't know if is because google translator doesn't works well with russian sometimes. %)

AlexBond
Админы
Реп: 106 / Инв: 8
Цитата FuzzX ()
Also, its normal that when I play a map with small terrain areas, that there's still a little portion of terrain that didn't was on the map file?

No. Its not normal.

Цитата FuzzX ()
I'm actually looking for add maps without replacing on WUM, and with custom textures since I don't know how to.

With custom textures will hard... need write something like on NTX in W3D for this....
Here game not use Temp folder and all data in Bundl###.xom

So for add your map you need:
1. Add your new map to list Data\Tweak\SCRIPTS.XOM
2. Create Databank for map - example Data\MULTI_JOUSTABOUTIT.XOM
3. Add Map files:
Data\Maps\my_map.hmp
Data\Maps\my_map.txt
Data\Maps\my_map.xan
4. Change CRC code for Scripts.xom in WormsMayhem.exe

Проверенные
Цитата AlexBond ()
No. Its not normal.

Seems that I didn't replace the .hmp so, the original .hmp was being loaded facepalm

Цитата AlexBond ()
With custom textures will hard... need write something like on NTX in W3D for this....
Here game not use Temp folder and all data in Bundl###.xom

So for add your map you need:
1. Add your new map to list Data\Tweak\SCRIPTS.XOM
2. Create Databank for map - example Data\MULTI_JOUSTABOUTIT.XOM
3. Add Map files:
Data\Maps\my_map.hmp
Data\Maps\my_map.txt
Data\Maps\my_map.xan
4. Change CRC code for Scripts.xom in WormsMayhem.exe

I have doubts in this two things:
In 2. the databank file could be custom made or I have to pick up some original one? I don't understand very well the values that xomview2.9 shows in those files.
In 4. I guess that I have to edit WormsMayhem.exe with some hex editor, but I don't know which part I have to edit, and how to, I would be grateful if you could explain that.

Lot of thanks for your answers and sorry for the inconvenience

Добавлено (17.11.2013, 03:21)
---------------------------------------------
Well, tried to add my map in Tweaks\scripts.xom and then see the CRC16 of modified Scripts.xom and replace the original CRC16 Hex value of the file(38BB in hex), searching it on WormsMayhem.exe with some hex editor(HxD). Also, edited a copy of Multi_DestructAndServe.xom(renamed it also by Multi_Diymap.xom) and modified with xomview2.9 the value of Databank.MaterialFile = Maps\DestructAndServe.txt for Maps\Diymap.txt.

But seems that after lua logo and etc the game closes :(

AlexBond
Админы
I tested all work.

When you add maps to Scripts.xom you need use option Insert Cntr for xomview.
1. you select any w3d map in list and press Export Cntr
2. you change names in this new Xom to your map
3. you insert your map Cntr to Scripts.xom

I attached files of this test, try change in exe crc for scripts.xom
how writed in crc.txt
Код
Original SCRIPTS.XOM DE100F13 - 13 0F 10 DE
New SCRIPTS.XOM 35592E89  - 89 2E 59 35

If should work.

Maybe this files help you understand how it work.
If no, I will try make tutorial...
Прикрепления: WormsXHD.rar (181.4 Kb)

Вормус
Проверенные
Реп: 20 / Инв: 14
Алекс - ты гений. Я смягчил - внести изменения в WUM по-моему больше никто не сумеет!

Rorshach, Hitman 27 и многие прочие уже нас покинули - кто следующий?....

Проверенные
I added your examples and one test map from me and works! Lot of thanks for your time on explaining and making the example ^^ you're awesome.

Добавлено (18.11.2013, 06:43)
Well the only thing I don't know is why my save got erased the second time I launched modified WormsUltimate.exe, but that's secondary I think

Добавлено (18.11.2013, 07:05)
Maybe it's related to Steam, also doesn't allows me to get on achievements section or DLC section.

Добавлено (18.11.2013, 07:17)
Seems that for some reason in steam->Worms Ultimate Mayhem->Propierties->Steam Community got unmarked, I marked it but my save was gone. Well, anyway It wasn't so important, but many completed mission are gone :(

Добавлено (18.11.2013, 07:47)
Save game on steam is on
C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\userdata\[yourUserID]\70600\remote\

Also, save game should be saved on Steam Cloud if activated, I had it activated but got erased/replaced anyway the second time I launched WUM, for anyone that tries replacing maps using WUM from steam, make a backup of that file(Should be named savegame.xom or something like that)

AlexBond
Админы
FuzzX, this your pay for hack game =)
Also you can open all missions use XomView. Heh =)

Проверенные
Well, anyway is a good price haha ^^

One more thing(and most like to be stupid), it's possible to add missions or some kind of Worm Forts Undersiege mode to WUM?

Woitek
Проверенные
Реп: 57 / Инв: 11
Not very. Maybe be possible convert tutorials or missions where you not need use builds.

Форум » Моддинг » Вопросы и идеи по моддингу Worms Ultimate Mayhem » Sorry for talking in english, but help please (Add maps with custom textures to WUM and other modding)
  • Страница 1 из 1
Поиск: